Sunday, March 25, 2012

7 Statements From the Cross - Statement 5

"I thirst" (see John 19:28-29)
Jesus, The Living Water, says, “I thirst.”  He has been beaten, flogged and crucified.  The Gospel writers did not mention Him wanting anything throughout this ordeal.  Personally, I’m amazed that He would have the strength to say anything after enduring all that torture.     


In this short article (as well as the entire 7-series) I want to illustrate what Jesus endured.  Jesus has helped countless people.  Now, with His hands nailed to the cross, He needed someone to assist Him.  My mind races to, “He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities. (Isaiah 53:5).  When we look to and at the cross...remember His blood was soaked on those wooden limbs for our sins.  Let’s "thirst" for the righteousness of God.  Be blessed and stay thirsty for our Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment